
8:00 Saturday night I got the call. We were going racing! After debating all week whether I would be ready, and trying to get the bike fixed, we made the decision to go. I figured I was going to get my butt kicked, but I decided some points were better than none. I hopped online and bought my 09 membership, and rushed home to pack the trailer. My dad was awesome enough to have spent the day loading up for me while I was at work, and I just had some minor stuff to finish up. 6am Sunday morning as I was letting the dogs out, I felt that sickness I get on race mornings, and out came all my breakfast. I almost always get sick on race mornings, just nerves I guess. Sure enough, my dad took way too long to get ready, and as we were heading out the door, already late, the dogs took off and I had to chase them around until they finally came back. Jakey hopped in the truck with us and we were off. We got the track as riders meeting was starting. My poor dad had a broken toe and was hobbling around trying to help me get everything ready so I could get out for practice on time. Practice was typical gopher practice, Flat and soft. We ended up being last moto of the entire day, so me and Chantel hung out at our pits most of the day. By the time our moto came around the track was destroyed. Of course, I’m in terrible shape considering I’ve only been on my bike 3 times since November, and they schedule us last moto. I was really nervous sitting in staging, and picked my usual terrible pin. I had 37th gate pick, but there was only about 14 girls so I wasn’t too worried about it. I had a pretty decent start, and rode through the first corner about 4th, and rode to a 4th finish. My second moto went much the same, I went pretty sideways out of the gate but was able to catch up quickly and ride to a 5th place for a 4th overall. It was much better than I had expected to do, and I was happy with my ride. I’m also glad I went as I was able to see some amazing pro racing. Some of the top Canadian pros came out to battle the sands. I was especially impressed with Liam Ofarrel’s battles with the Medaglia brothers and Kyle Keast. I ended up getting pretty sunburned on my face, but overall I had a great day. I’m really glad I decided to go. Next weekend we head to Auburn for the first round of provincials and I’m excited to head back there after it being off the schedule last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment