Saturday, May 2, 2009

*~Casondra 787~*


Friends and Rivalries

Tonight’s Monster Energy Supercross Finals will certainly prove to be a stellar ending to a ridiculous season long battle. Regardless of who takes the championship, the racing this year has done something special for our sport. The Reed vs. Stewart rivalry has brought us to our couch each weekend to watch them duke it out. Rivalries are what drive our sport, what drive us to compete for that win. But at what point do the rivalries consume us? The SX rivalry has certainly been healthy for our sport, bringing fans to the seats, and sponsors into the ring. Yet at the same time, it has pitted teams, and riders against each other. It is no secret that there is no love lost between Stewart and Reed, and now other teams and riders have taken sides. At home on our couch, it has pitted my dad and I against one another, cheering each week for our rider. My dad is a Stewart fan, and I’m a Reed fan. Tonight’s race is certainly one for the history books, and I can’t wait to see it play out live tonight.

On that note, the reason I’m writing about this topic, is because of friendships. On the Women’s Moto scene, most of the girls are close. We are all friends off the track, we hang out and we keep in touch over facebook and msn. I’m very excited to be sharing this blog with two good competitors and friends, Amber Giroux and Missy Hackett. I can’t wait for nationals to start here out East so I can see my girls!

This past week my longtime friend Cole came and picked me up for a ride at Gopher Dunes. I’ve watched Cole come from a cute little chubby kid on an 80, to a top contender in the Intermediate and B classes. The Campbell family has become a second family to me. They have done so much for me over the past few years. Once at the track, I ran into another person who has become like family to me, my little Nadia. The Zager family is another family that has done so much for me.

Without Moto I never would have the opportunity to meet such incredible people. It has provided me the opportunity to develop friendships like this. And while the girls are competitors on the track, they are also some of my best friends off it. We’ve found a way to “keep what happens on the track, on the track.” As the famous saying goes.

Unfortunately, I wrecked my FMF can this past week and my dad has been rushing to try and get it fixed in time for our Amateur National Qualifier tomorrow at Gopher Dunes. As I sit here at work typing this out, I’m hoping he gets it done in time. If not, I’ll see you all there anyway, I’ll be out with my puppy cheering on my moto family!

Ride Safe!

Love Cas

No comments:

Post a Comment