Well today we decided to experience the mountain life in Alberta. We headed to Moose Mountain to do some downhill mountain biking. I made it barely half way down the trail, when I cart wheeled down a rocky section, busting the derailer off my borrowed bike. As I was walking my bike down the trail, I rolled my ankle over pretty bad on a root and had to hobble my way down the steep trail for a while. Eventually the guys stopped to wait for me wondering what had happened to me. We jimmied up a glove to hold the derailer in place, and my buddy took the broken bike and offered me his. The sky started to get really dark and thunder started rolling in. We started to book it back as fast as we could, and then the skies opened up. It was lightening and thundering and pouring rain.
By this time we had hit the road at the bottom of the trail and were peddling back to the truck. It started to hail huge chunks, and it felt like getting shot with brutal roost for 3km. It really hurt! When we finally got back to the truck we were all soaked and covered in mud. There is nothing grosser feeling than slimy, wet muddy jeans. Blaze and Syko’s friend Shane decided they were going to brave another run, so we shuttled them back to the top in the truck and picked up the other truck that was up at the top from the last run. There was already a small snow cover on the top of the hill. Syko and I chilled at the bottom and warmed up in the truck.
When the guys finally got down the trail, we decided to pack it in for the day. It was just too slippery to run the trails and it was freezing cold. We headed back to Calgary and chilled out at the house with the plan that we would ride tomorrow should it be nice out.
I’m having such an amazing time in Calgary it is so beautiful here and I don’t want to leave. It has been really sweet being off work and just riding and travelling. The guys I’m staying with have been amazing and I can’t thank them enough for hooking me and my bro up with a place to stay this week.
Again, thanks so much to the Giroux’s for the bike, to IMX for the support, and Mark Perrin from MPI for always being there.
Thanks for following my western adventure with me, and I’ll share the rest of my season with you as it happens!!
Love Casondra!!
No comments:
Post a Comment