Well I ended up sitting in the airport for over 4 hours waiting for the guys to come get me. We left for Calgary around 5pm, and drove for a few hours before stopping for some food in salmon arm. After dinner we drove another few hours into Golden, and stopped at a truck stop for the night. I ended up sleeping in the backseat of the truck, with only a sweatshirt for a pillow and a towel for a blanket. It was so cold I barely slept. I was woken to the sound of mark pounding on the windows, and Jody jumping up and down on the back of the truck. We grabbed some breakfast and I changed in the bathroom at the truck stop and we were on our way. We hit a lot of construction which gave us a chance to take some sweet pictures, I climbed out the sunroof of the truck a few times to get some shots. We saw some big horned sheep and a mountain goat alongside the road too! Somewhere in the mountains we spotted some snow alongside the highway and we stopped for a quick little snowball fight, and we got some amazing pictures on an overpass above the glacier river. This place is truly beautiful. I’m really glad I got to drive it instead of fly and miss all the scenery. We were planning on driving straight through the night and I’m glad we didn’t because it’s so much better in the daylight.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
*~Casondra 787~*
Well I ended up sitting in the airport for over 4 hours waiting for the guys to come get me. We left for Calgary around 5pm, and drove for a few hours before stopping for some food in salmon arm. After dinner we drove another few hours into Golden, and stopped at a truck stop for the night. I ended up sleeping in the backseat of the truck, with only a sweatshirt for a pillow and a towel for a blanket. It was so cold I barely slept. I was woken to the sound of mark pounding on the windows, and Jody jumping up and down on the back of the truck. We grabbed some breakfast and I changed in the bathroom at the truck stop and we were on our way. We hit a lot of construction which gave us a chance to take some sweet pictures, I climbed out the sunroof of the truck a few times to get some shots. We saw some big horned sheep and a mountain goat alongside the road too! Somewhere in the mountains we spotted some snow alongside the highway and we stopped for a quick little snowball fight, and we got some amazing pictures on an overpass above the glacier river. This place is truly beautiful. I’m really glad I got to drive it instead of fly and miss all the scenery. We were planning on driving straight through the night and I’m glad we didn’t because it’s so much better in the daylight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment