
It seems like every year for the past few seasons I come in with little support, and don’t plan on racing much… and then each season just seems to end up better than the last. Last year I didn’t plan on racing the series, and then next thing I knew I was under the rig at nationals for Team Honda Powerhouse. I ended up having my most successful season yet, bringing home a provincial title. It was two dreams come true in one season. Not only did I finally bring home a big championship, I got to pit in a rig, like a factory rider. If I had to retire after that season, I would have been happy with what I had accomplished.
This year started out much the same, with only my friend Mark of MPI, and my loyal and trusty IMX magazine behind me, it didn’t look like I was going to be racing much if at all. I also had hoped to be gone to RCMP training already.
So here I am, 3 races into the season with hardly any bike time, and I find myself sitting in the airport waiting for a flight to round 1 of the Canadian pro national championships in Kamloops, British Columbia. I can’t even describe how excited I am! I don’t feel that I am ready for the big time competition that the national series brings, I don’t have enough time on the bike… and I am going to be riding a Yamaha instead of my usual Honda.
Regardless, I am preparing to fulfil another dream that I have been wanting to do since the women’s pro national series was first announced. I am so excited to see all the girls out west, and probably some of my girls from around here too! I just got a text from Jocelyn who I am going to meet up with in Calgary on our layover.
The Giroux family has been amazing enough to offer me not only a bike to ride, but a place to stay and a ride back to calgary with them as well. IMX has once again stepped up to help me with the costs, they have been so incredible for me I can't describe it!! I am going to be meeting up with Mark from MPI once i get out there, and I know he will help me out as much as he can too!! I can't thank any of them enough for this opportunity!!
Stay tuned for all my adventure updates!!
<3 Cas
No comments:
Post a Comment