Saturday, April 25, 2009

*~CaSoNdRa 787~*

Hey Everyone!!
The new season is upon us and I’m excited to get started racing again. I spent the first few months of the winter recovering after knocking myself out in New York in November. I also decided to apply to be an RCMP officer. I wrote an accelerated applicant exam, and passed! As I went through all the paperwork, and passed each test, it was looking really good that I might be gone out west sooner than I had expected. I knew that if I got accepted I would be moving out to Regina to train for 6 months and would have to put riding on hold for that time. It was a bummer, but it was also really exciting to be moving into the career I’ve been working towards for so long.

When I got involved with the MPI Ontario Arenacross Series I was thinking it was going to spell the end of racing for a while. I got to run the sign in with my buddy James from MotoRegistry, and helped set up the track and compile results and all the administrative tasks. It was an exciting experience to see racing from the other side of the fence, I made some great new friends, and got to bring home my first indoor championship as well! Justin Cippilone was great enough to let me race his bike while I was down in Wallaceburg, and Mark Perrin put me up each weekend.

After arena cross was over, it was tough for me to say good bye. Then I got the call from my close friend Davey, who was looking for help at the Toronto Supercross. I got to be his mechanic at this prestigious race and it was the coolest thing ever. Sitting at riders meeting surrounded by the best riders in the world had me in awe. I got to walk right out onto the track and do track walk with Stewart and Reed and all the guys. It was truly amazing and I will never forget it.

After super cross I was itching to get back on my own bike even just for practise a bit before I was to leave. After a few weeks of bugging my dad to get it back together, we finally got it back in one piece last weekend. After 6 months of it sitting in pieces, I finally heard my baby run. I was dying to ride. After my RCMP interview last week, they let me know that it would be a few months still before I would get to go out, pending I pass my polygraph exam. This was the response I was kind of looking for, and as I exited the office, the text messages started to fly. I let all my supporters know that I would be racing again! At least until I left.

On Thursday I got out for my first ride outdoors in 6 months. It was amazing. I was so happy just to get out and be part of the atmosphere again, and get on the bike of course. I went out to a friend’s track, and it felt incredible. I’m sure everyone out there knows what I’m talking about, when that rush of passion for the sport takes you over again for another summer.

My plan is to get out riding Sunday and at least twice during the week and hopefully be in good enough shape to race at the first round of the Ontario Provincials at Gopher Dunes on Sunday May 3rd.

My plans for the season are a little up in the air, it depends on when I’m due to leave for out west if I pass my final steps. I’m going to hit as many ANQs that I can, and if I’m here for Walton I’ll be doing that as well. As for nationals, I hope to be able to hit the Gopher, and Sand del lee rounds. I may be able to do the east round as well if things work out with the MPI team.

I just want to thank everyone so much for checking out my blog!! As well to IMX for being such an amazing supporter of me for the last few years. Derek has always been there for me and I appreciate it so much. I also want to thank Mark Perrin at MPI who will be helping me out this year . Stay tuned for more updates!
<3 Love Casondra 787

No comments:

Post a Comment